Saturday, November 12, 2016

Moving...

I Prefer Reading is moving to Wordpress. The new link is here.

I've been thinking about a move for a while as I feel the blog needs freshening up. I've been able to import all my posts from this blog & I'm finding my way around Wordpress at the moment so hopefully it won't be too long before I start posting there.

I was also inspired by Pam at Travellin' Penguin & for much the same reasons - dissatisfaction with Blogger - odd stats, the disappearance of my blog roll & favourite sites etc.

I'm not sure what Lucky & Phoebe think about the move but as long as they're comfortable, fed & attended to, I don't think they'll care one little bit!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move. What beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The photos of the girls are old ones but they're my favourites.

      Delete
  2. cats with character; superior intellect (taking naps in the sun, sleeping a lot, perambulating, enjoyment over food) will tell, even with cats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they'll cope with the move better than I will!

      Delete
  3. I can understand why these photos are your favourites, as they look absolutely adorable! Yay for Wordpress, as it means it will be easier for me to follow and leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wordpress does seem to be easier for comments etc so that's another plus.

      Delete
  4. My husband doesn't like it when you post photos of your bookcase :-) because I suddenly discover that somewhere out there are hardback copies of Mapp & Lucia and with the help of Abe's - I, too, can own them.
    He thinks you have a lovely bookcase, but he wants it to stay in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many books I couldn't possibly move anywhere else so you're safe! I'm tempted by so many other blogs that it's only fair that I do a little tempting in return. Hope you enjoy Mapp & Lucia.

      Delete
  5. Happy moving day(s)! Will we still be able to get I Prefer Reading by email? I didn't see a place to sign up, but it may have been right in front of my nose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. As you know, I added the email widget. Must see if there's anything else I've forgotten.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the move. I have yet to figure out how to transfer my old blogs to Wordpress or to put my own photo as a heading but nevertheless I am enjoying the ease of everything else that is wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I found googling a great help with setting up the blog. I'll email you the links that I found useful.

      Delete